From "Dimitar Georgievski" <dgeorgiev...@horizonk.com>
Subject RE: commons logging problem with JUnit/Cactus
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 18:11:32 GMT
Hi Kazuhito,

I'm sorry I forgot to mention it. I was using the junit.swingui.TestRunner
and junit.awtui.Test to run the tests from command line. I switched to
junit.textui.TestRunner and this time everything worked fine.

I also followed your suggestion regarding the excluded.properties file.
First I have stored this file in a location that comes before junit.jar in
the class path. According to JUnit documentation properties set in this file
would override the settings in the excluded.properties in the JAR archive.
It didn't work. Then, I have edited the file in the jar archive and added a
line that excludes org.apache.common.* packages from loading by the
TestRunner class loader. This time it worked.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Dimitar

-----Original Message-----
From: Kazuhito SUGURI [mailto:suguri.kazuhito@lab.ntt.co.jp]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 9:44 PM
To: cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org; dgeorgievski@horizonk.com
Subject: Re: commons logging problem with JUnit/Cactus

Hi,

In article <GOELJLCBOAGENGBBBIOGKENECIAA.dgeorgievski@horizonk.com>,
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:07:56 -0400,
"Dimitar Georgievski" <dgeorgievski@horizonk.com> wrote:
dgeorgievski> I am using Cactus to run J2EE tests. Normally cactus runs from
Ant and it
dgeorgievski> works just fine. The problem is when I try to run the same
tests from a
dgeorgievski> command line using JUnit test runner. I receive an error
related to commons
dgeorgievski> logging. No matter which logging framework I tried to use I
receive the same
dgeorgievski> error: Class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.xxxx does not
implement Log.

I'm assuming that you are not using JUnit TextTestRunner.

You would try put commons-loggin package in the JUnit execlude.properties.
You can find the property file in your JUnit jar.

See also:
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/faq.html#faq_classcastexception_logfactoryi
mpl

Hope this helps,