From John.Cot...@ubs.com
Subject Test a Servlet With Authentication
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:47:29 GMT

I am trying setup testcases with for an application that has a security-constraint on the
front controller (struts ActionServlet), running on Tomcat 4.1.27. We are using FormAuthentication
with a JOB realm.

I am using StrutsTestCase, and I saw the documentation located at http://strutstestcase.sourceforge.net/.
Since we cannot predetermine which testcase will run first, and the documented technique cannot
run in the setup, this means that every testcase is going have to be coded to do the the login
action, prior to doing the testing the action that is the subject of the testcase.

My first solution was to create a mock or stub of the principle and credential objects and
put them into session. However, the setPrincipal method is not exposed in the standard HttpSession
api, and the implemented sessionObject is not visible.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

John

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

related financial instruments.