From "Pedro Nevado" <pnev...@javato.com>
Subject RE: Context Help w/ Tomcat5
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 07:02:19 GMT
Hi,
Check Tomcat users list. There is a bug with version 5.0.27 with the
META-INF/context.xml files in deployed wars. I do not know about other
versions.
Pedro Nevado

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Hookom, Jacob [mailto:Jacob.Hookom@redline.mckhboc.com]
Enviado el: martes, 31 de agosto de 2004 22:45
Para: 'cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Asunto: Context Help w/ Tomcat5

Hello All,

We are setting up Cactus for a new project.  We had previously successfully
integrated Cactus on another project using the runatserver task with ant.

With the new project, we are attempting to use the cactus task to run our
test cases.  The problem we are having is getting the DataSource to work
where it doesn't seem to be finding the context.xml we've placed in the
META-INF of the war.

<Context path="/test-webapp" docBase="test-webapp" debug="0"
privileged="true">
</Context>

'test-webapp' matches the war name of 'test-webapp.war' that is configured
with ant via:

<cactus warfile="${target}/cactus/test-webapp.war"
	fork="false" failureproperty="tests.failed" haltonerror="false">
	<classpath>
		<path refid="compile.classpath" />
	</classpath>
	<containerclasspath>
		<pathelement location="${lib}/jt400.jar"/>
	</containerclasspath>
      <containerset timeout="60000">
      	<tomcat5x dir="${env.CATALINA_HOME}"
			port="${cactus.port}"
	    	      output="${doc.test}/tomcat5x.log"
			append="true"
		      todir="${doc.test}"
			tmpdir="${target}/cactus/env">
            </tomcat5x>
	</containerset>
      <formatter type="brief" usefile="false"/>
      <formatter type="xml"/>
      <!-- from smo-tests.xml &tests; -->
      &tests;
</cactus>

I've run a single test case where I check the driver class to be resolved
via Class.forName(..) which is successful.  But when I try to grab a
connection from a DataSource, I get the exception:

Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

The context.xml is used in other deployments successfully, we just can't get
things to work in Cactus.

If anyone can offer any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated,
thanks...

Jacob Hookom
Senior Analyst/Programmer
McKesson Medical-Surgical, Minnesota