From "Pedro Nevado" <pnev...@javato.com>
Subject RE: ant cactus not finding j2ee.jar or servlet.jar at runtime?
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 07:21:27 GMT

- verify that you have a full j2sdk (you need javac to compile jsp's) in
your server runtime and not only a jdk.
Regards.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Brian Preston [mailto:briforge@yahoo.com]
Enviado el: jueves, 02 de septiembre de 2004 16:25
Para: Cactus Users List
Asunto: RE: ant cactus not finding j2ee.jar or servlet.jar at runtime?

Thanks for the idea (good idea) but it didn't help. I
added the pathelement for the tools.jar in the
classpath for the taskdef for cactus. Here it is:

<!-- Define the Cactus tasks -->
<taskdef resource="cactus.tasks">
    <classpath>
        <pathelement location="${cactus.jar}"/>
        <pathelement
location="${ext_libdir}/cactus-ant-1.6.1.jar"/>
      	<pathelement
location="c:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\lib\tools.jar"/>
        <path refid="cactusdeps"/>
    </classpath>
</taskdef>

But I noticed 2 other interesting things in the error
output. One is that the error is in the
ContainerRunner. Does this mean that however the
ContainerRunner works, it is a separate classpath for
the server that is not finding the tools.jar?

Here's the error excerpt:

[cactus] Couldn't find tools.jar (needed for JSP
compilation)
[cactus] You must either set location or path on
<pathelement>
.
.
.
[cactus] at
org.apache.cactus.integration.ant.container.ContainerRunner$1.run(ContainerR
unner.java:140)

Here's my test target:

<target name="test" depends="test.prepare">
	<cactus
warfile="${builddir}/${distfilename}-test.war"
fork="yes">
		<classpath>
			<path refid="test.build.classpath" />
			<path refid="cactusdeps"/>
		</classpath>
		<containerset timeout="100000">
			<tomcat4x if="cactus.home.tomcat4x"
				dir="${cactus.home.tomcat4x}"
				output="${testlogdir}/tomcat4x/tomcat4x.out"
				todir="${testlogdir}/tomcat4x"
				port="${cactus.port}"/>
		</containerset>
		<formatter type="brief" usefile="false"/>
		<formatter type="plain"/>
		<formatter type="xml"/>
		<test name="${package}.AllTests"
todir="${testlogdir}"/>
	</cactus>
</target>

'cactus.home.tomcat4x' is defined earlier as
cactus.home.tomcat4x=C:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30

What looks weird to me is that it's resolving the
container directory into a Win2000 local user
directory. So I get the above error with the not
finding the tools.jar, then it times out waiting for
the container to start. Is that normal? It seems like
when I run it from the command line, it finds the
tomcat install and starts it just fine.