From "Pedro Nevado" <pnev...@javato.com>
Subject RE: ant cactus not finding j2ee.jar or servlet.jar at runtime?
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 07:55:01 GMT
Hi there,

I am using now IntelliJ, but I have used too Eclipse. Both work similarly
with Ant. I think the best way is to control your class dependencies inside
your build script, instead of putting the required libraries in ant/lib or
as libraries of the Eclipse project (which is the case if you build the
project without Ant).

So my advise is to define some paths in the build script (java.path,
junit.path, cactus.client.path, cactus.server.path)and use them as necessary
in the classpath of your run programs targets. Acting this way it is
irrelevant where you put your libraries, the only thing you have to do is
referencing them in the build script with property(name/location) tasks.

Regards,

Pedro Nevado

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Brian Preston [mailto:briforge@yahoo.com]
Enviado el: miercoles, 01 de septiembre de 2004 21:27
Para: cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org
Asunto: ant cactus not finding j2ee.jar or servlet.jar at runtime?

I'm stuck on the Eclipse-Ant-Cactus problem where it
can't find tools.jar when running from within Eclipse,
so I'm trying to run my ant script from the command
line.

I get past the tools.jar problem this way, but ran
into a new problem : NoClassDefFoundError for
javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/BodyTagSupport when running
the first test. I'm assuming it's a runtime classpath
issue because it compiled the tests just fine.

I've added the j2ee.jar and servlet.jar to my ant/lib
directory and thought that would do it but it didn't.
I don't have much ant experience so am I
misunderstanding where to put jars for ant's runtime
classpath?

Any ideas?