From Chad Woolley <li...@thewoolleyweb.com>
Subject Using Cactus to help functional testing of web services
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2004 03:57:22 GMT
Hi,

We want to write some functional tests of web services.  I have found this post
by Vincent:

http://www.mail-archive.com/cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg04835.html

...which says this is probably best accomplished by HttpUnit or something
similar.  This makes sense.

My question is: Can we leverage the Cactus support for automatically deploying
and starting our webapp in a container (preferably Jetty), to assist with the
automation of this functional testing?

I know that Vincent has discussed splitting this container-managing
functionality out of Cactus, but I'm not sure what the status is.

Or, is there another approach without using Cactus that might be better suited
to what we want to do?

Thanks,
Chad