From Amol <a...@indicussoftware.com>
Subject Cactus and weblogic7 using JBuilder9
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 14:51:25 GMT

Hello,
I am new to Cactus I just started using Cactus for EJB Unit Testing.
I used it with JBoss3.2.2 but I am facing some problem with weblogic-7.
I want to know stepwise procedure to use cactus with weblogic and run
the tests.
Please help me.
My web.xml is as follows
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd">
<web-app>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector</servlet-class>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>ServletRedirector</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/ServletRedirector</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <ejb-ref>
    <ejb-ref-name>CurrencyConverter</ejb-ref-name>
    <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
    <home>example.CurrencyConverterHome</home>
    <remote>example.CurrencyConverter</remote>
    <ejb-link>CurrencyConverter</ejb-link>
  </ejb-ref>
</web-app>

and weblogic.xml is as

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE weblogic-web-app PUBLIC "-//BEA Systems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 6.1//EN" "http://www.bea.com/servers/wls610/dtd/weblogic-web-jar.dtd">
<weblogic-web-app>
    <display-name>CurrencyConverter</display-name>
    <context-root>CurrencyConverter</context-root>
    <ejb-ref>
      <ejb-ref-name>CurrencyConverter</ejb-ref-name>
      <jndi-name>CurrencyConverter</jndi-name>
    </ejb-ref>
</weblogic-web-app>

I have deployed CurrencyConverter bean on weblogic succefully
now I want to test that bean so I have written a Test class as follows

package amol;

import example.*;
import javax.rmi.*;
import java.util.Properties;
import javax.naming.Context;
import javax.naming.InitialContext;

import junit.framework.*;

import org.apache.cactus.*;

public class CurrencyConverterTest extends ServletTestCase
{
    private CurrencyConverter converter;

    public CurrencyConverterTest(String name)
    {
        super(name);
    }

    public static Test suite()
    {
        return new TestSuite(CurrencyConverterTest.class);
    }

    public void setUp()
    {
      try
      {
        Properties prop = new Properties();
        prop.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
                 "weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory");
        prop.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "t3://localhost:7001");
        Context ctx = new InitialContext(prop);
        Object objref = ctx.lookup("CurrencyConverter");
        CurrencyConverterHome home =
            (CurrencyConverterHome) javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(
            objref, CurrencyConverterHome.class);
        converter = home.create();
      }
      catch(Exception e)
      {
        e.printStackTrace();
      }
    }

    public void testConvertCurrencyRsToDollar() throws Exception
    {
        double dollar = this.converter.ConvertCurrencyRsToDollar(2000);
        assertEquals("rs", 40, dollar, 0);
    }

    public void testConvertCurrencyDollarToRs() throws Exception
    {
        double dollar = this.converter.ConvertCurrencyDollarToRs(2000);
        assertEquals("dollar", 100000, dollar, 0);
    }
}

I created a war file of above compiled CurrencyConverterTest.class file,web.xml
and weblogic.xml and deploying it as separate webapplication on weblogic
whether I am following CORRECT procedure or it is wrong?
if wrog please tell me stepwise procedure for EJB Unit testing on
weblogic
Ii am getting error like

weblogic.management.ApplicationException: activate failed forEJB-Test
{
Module Name: EJB-Test, Error: weblogic.j2ee.DeploymentException: Could not setup environment
- with nested exception:
[weblogic.deployment.EnvironmentException: Could not resolve ejbLink: CurrencyConverter]
}
	at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activate(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:1035)
	at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activate(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:1016)
	at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.processPrepareTask(SlaveDeployer.java:1112)
	at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareUpdate(SlaveDeployer.java:732)
	at weblogic.drs.internal.SlaveCallbackHandler$1.execute(SlaveCallbackHandler.java:24)
	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:153)
	at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:134)

Thanks & Regards,
Amol Pophale
Software Programmer
Indicus Software Pvt. Ltd.