From "Mark Lybarger" <Mark.Lybar...@cbc-companies.com>
Subject RE: MDB Testing
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 15:47:26 GMT
cactus does provide the ability to test ejb's (stateless/statefull session ejb's, entity ejb's).
 it can do this easily b/c the calls are syncronous.

mdb's are a horse of a different color.  the client posts a message to topic/queue and then
sometime later, the mdb gets it and processes it.  it's not a make a call, get a response,
check the response type of thing. for us, our mdb's are merely pass through calls onto stateless
session ejb's which do the "business" work.

i would be interested in hearing how others are doing automated testing their actual mdb's
though.