From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Workaround for running Cactus-Ant-Task from within Eclipse?
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:38:47 GMT
Actually I'm not sure it can work. Another idea is to use a JDK instead of a
JRE in Eclipse (the tools.jar is only present in the JDK).

As for adding to the Ant runtime CP, I'm not sure it can work (but worth to
try) as the Cactus code is the following (except on Mac OSX):

    protected final File getToolsJar() throws FileNotFoundException
    {
        String javaHome = System.getProperty("java.home");
        File toolsJar = new File(javaHome, "../lib/tools.jar");
        if (!toolsJar.isFile())
        {
            throw new FileNotFoundException(toolsJar.getAbsolutePath());
        }
        return toolsJar;
    }

This code is not very lenient and I agree is has to be improved. Patches
welcome!

Thanks
-Vincent