From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: ant integration and starting/stoping container w/ ant tasks
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2004 08:09:48 GMT
Hi Jeff,

If you're using WL you may be able to use the existing <weblogic7x> nested
element.

> These other tasks could certainly call weblogic-start no problem.  But,
> as far as I understand it, the thread of control wouldn't return from
> the call to weblogic-start since it hangs around as long as the server
> is running.  Control would never return to the <cactus> or
> <runservertests> tasks so that they could then run the tests.

Then you would run it inside a <parallel> Ant task! Something like:

<parallel>
  <antcall target="weblogic-start"/>
  <sequential>
    <wait ...>
    [Do whatever you need to do here]
  </sequential>
</parallel>

> Assuming I'm right about this, I'm guessing I would need the ant task
> that starts the server to call some script that will start the server
> but detach control from it.  Any ideas how to do that?  I'm working on a
> windows machine -- is there some way I can maybe startup weblogic as a
> windows service from an ant task?

That would be way too complex compared to the sequential task.

-Vincent