From "Maxim V. Gordienko" <ma...@dgap.mipt.ru>
Subject Re: cactus task and container contextUrl
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2004 07:19:07 GMT
Hello, Vincent !

Thanks for reply!

By "fine-grained startup configuration" I mean passing all(or maybe only
"major") configuration parameters to container. In case of JBoss it would be
nice to see
all parameters that available for `run.bat --help`... it just for
convinience, but who knows... it might be useful
Yes it's true, port and servlet context (and more in 1.7 version) are
configurable via <jboss3x> element, but what about host binding address?

In my case all quite simple, I have multi interface host, and want to run
several JBosses at the time (test host, with several developers testing
something).
The simpliest solution is too up number of dummy interfaces (luck linux
allows that)
and run each container on individual interface. I can start container from
cactus tast to run that way, BUT cactus task queries 'localhost' to run
tests, not custom address container listens. and, as result, tests are not
run.

Hope i clarified why custom contextUrl is necessary.