From "Mark Lybarger" <Mark.Lybar...@CBC-Companies.com>
Subject RE: Cactus and weblogic 8.1
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 11:36:25 GMT
Ohh, Ohh, I can pipe in here.

snip

> > This is the code that gets called from the Maven Cactus
> plugin....i think!
>
> It is
>
> > If that is the case the call to weblogic.Server is
> hardcoded with some
> > important values that I need to set. I.e. if I use my own
> config.xml it
> > specify a domain, and a server name, password etc.
> >
> > Isn´t it so?
>
> You're right. ATM we haven't externalized the domain, server
> name, password,
> etc. because nobody asked. My idea was to provide an
> attribute so that users
> would be able to point to an existing weblogic domain
> directory instead of a
> config.xml file. Would you think that it will help?

not for me really.  i like that cactus testing is done in a temporary folder that is created
on the fly.  i wouldn't want to effect the development environment or to set up another domain
of my own to run the cactus tests with.  my only issue currently is with the limit on the
number of servers that can be started, though i'm sure with some time i could find a better
work around.

> Just a question fro you: why is it important that you run
> weblogic with your
> exact domain name, username and password? We're talking about
> testing albeit
> integration testing.

we've started to version our config.xml in cvs.  we run it through ant propety substitution
to get any variations for the different environments (prod, qa, dev).  right now, we're maintaining
a separate config.xml for cactus testing.  our regular environment has 3 servers, one admin,
one app, and one web. i don't really have any ideas how cactus could be able to start at least
two of the servers for us (we don't test the web side with cactus).