From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: aspectj method not found
Date Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:26:54 GMT
Hi Jason,

Yes, that's "manually" as the runservertests won't do anything for you WRT
configuring Cactus.

> Do I have to
> now use <cactus> task?

It's highly recommended as it's much simpler to use than the old
runservertests task. If you do this then you won't have the Aspectj
classpath pb.

> Is aspectrt the same as aspectj jar? I place the
> aspectjjar every where I can imagine (it used to be I just place in
> $CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib co-located with cactus lib) but I always get
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/aspectj/lang/Signature
> 	java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
> 	java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1610)
> 	java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:1922)
> 	java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:278)
> 	java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:261)

This is the aspectjrt jar. In AspectJ (recent releases), there are 2 aspectj
jars only:
- aspectj tools jar
- aspectj rt jar

You only need the aspectj rt one in your CP (both client and server).

-Vincent