From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: cactus logging configuration issues
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:50:12 GMT

You also need a logging_client.properties. The reason for the "Not a valid
response" will of course be present in this file! (Cactus client part
calling the Cactus server part).

How are you executing your Cactus tests (browser, Ant, Maven, etc)?

[snip]

> logging_server.properties
> #
> ---
> # Logging properties
> #
> ---
>
> # Disable logging by default when running the tests. If you wish to use a
> # logging subsystem, uncomment the line below. That will let Commons
> logging
> # decide automatically of a suitable logging system for you. You can also
> force
> # commons-logging to use a specific logging system. For more info, see
> # http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging
>
> # Disable logging
> #org.apache.commons.logging.Log = org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog
>
> # Force to use JDK 1.4 logging
> #org.apache.commons.logging.Log =
> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger
>
> # Force to use Log4J logging
> #org.apache.commons.logging.Log =
> org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

Can you uncomment the line to force commons logging to use Log4J logging
which is what you want I think?

[snip]

-Vincent