From Jesper Linvald <J...@maerskdata.dk>
Subject RE: Cactus and weblogic 8.1
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 11:00:18 GMT
Sure I can explain what I mean by hardcoded:
The code speaks for it self:

public final void startUp()
    {
        try
        {
            prepare("cactus/weblogic7x");
            Java java = createJavaForStartUp();
            java.setDir(new File(tmpDir, "testdomain"));
            java.createJvmarg().setValue("-hotspot");
            java.createJvmarg().setValue("-Xms32m");
            java.createJvmarg().setValue("-Xmx200m");
            File serverDir = new File(dir, "server");
            java.addSysproperty(createSysProperty("weblogic.Name", "
testserver"));
            java.addSysproperty(createSysProperty("bea.home", beaHome));
            java.addSysproperty(createSysProperty("
weblogic.management.username", "weblogic"));
            java.addSysproperty(createSysProperty("
weblogic.management.password", "weblogic"));
            java.addSysproperty(createSysProperty("java.security.policy",
"=./server/lib/weblogic.policy"));
            Path classpath = java.createClasspath();
            classpath.createPathElement().setLocation(new File(serverDir,
"lib/weblogic_sp.jar"));
            classpath.createPathElement().setLocation(new File(serverDir,
"lib/weblogic.jar"));
            java.setClassname("weblogic.Server");
            java.execute();
        }
        catch(IOException ioe)
        {
            getLog().error("Failed to startup the container", ioe);
            throw new BuildException(ioe);
        }
    }

This is the code that gets called from the Maven Cactus plugin....i think!
If that is the case the call to weblogic.Server is hardcoded with some
important values that I need to set. I.e. if I use my own config.xml it
specify a domain, and a server name, password etc.

Isn´t it so?

Regards

Jesper Linvald
MAERSK DATA TRANSPORT
Tel no.: +45 3911 1891
e-mail: JELI@maerskdata.dk

"Vincent Massol" <vmassol@pivolis.com>
30-06-2004 07:40
Please respond to
"Cactus Users List" <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>

"'Cactus Users List'" <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Cactus and weblogic 8.1

Hi Jesper,

Do you think you could explain what you mean by "hardcoded" so that we
improve the task?

For example, if you check here
(
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/ant/task_cactus.html#weblogic7

x) you'll see that you can provide your own config.xml.

In addition the <cactus> task always expect a cactified war/ear so that
shouldn't be a problem either.

All that said, I'm not sure that the <weblogic7x> task works for WL 8.1.

Thanks
-Vincent

This
> almost works now :)
>
> Thanks for the input!
>
> Regards Jesper

value="-hotspot"/>
> >>                                             <jvmarg value="-ms256m"/>
> >>                                             <jvmarg value="-mx256m"/>
> >>                                             <jvmarg
> >> value="-
> >> Djava.library.path=${java.library.path};${weblogic.home.81}/weblogic
> >> 81/server/bin"/>
> >>                                             <jvmarg value="-
> >Dweblogic.Name=testserver"/>
> >>                                             <jvmarg value="-
> >Dbea.home=${weblogic.home.81}"/>
> >>                                             <jvmarg value="-
> >Dbitfone.home=${bitfone.home}"/>
> >>                                             <jvmarg
> >> value="-Dweblogic.management.username=${weblogic.username}"/>
> >>                                             <jvmarg
> >> value="-Dweblogic.management.password=${weblogic.password}"/>
> >>                                             <jvmarg
> >> value="-Djava.security.policy==./server/lib/weblogic.policy"/>
> >>                             </java>
> >>             </target>
> >>
> >>             <target name="stop.weblogic">
> >>                             <java classname="weblogic.Admin"
fork="yes">
> >>                                             <classpath>
> >> <pathelement

location="${weblogic.home.81}/weblogic81/server/lib/weblogic.sp.jar"/>
> >> <pathelement
> >> location="${weblogic.home.81}/weblogic81/server/lib/weblogic.jar"/>
> >>                                             </classpath>
> >>                                             <arg line="-url
> >t3://${machine}:${test.port}"/>
> >>                                             <arg line="-username