From John Lindwall <JLindw...@Xifin.com>
Subject Help with "Exception in constructor java.lang.VerifyError"
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 22:06:22 GMT
Cactus 1.6.1

With either the provided comnons logging 1.0.3 or the newer 1.0.4 I get the following error
when running my test via ant.  I do not get this error when running inside of IntelliJ or
via the servlet-based TestRunner provided with cactus.

I tried creating an exlcuded.properties and putting it my classpath to exclude org.apache.commons.logging.*
but that dfoesn't help.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Exception in constructor: testGetZip (org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException:

 java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/log4j/LogManager, method: <clinit> signature:
()V) Incompatible argument to function (Caused by java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/log4j/LogManager,
method: <clinit> signature: ()V) Incompatible argument to function) at
 org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:538) at
 org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:235) at
 org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:209) at
 org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:351) at
 org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServerTestCaseCaller.setDelegatedTest_aroundBody3$advice(ServerTestCaseCaller.java:109)
at
 org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServerTestCaseCaller.setDelegatedTest(ServerTestCaseCaller.java)
at
 org.apache.cactus.internal.server.ServerTestCaseCaller.<init>(ServerTestCaseCaller.java:66)
at
 org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.init(AbstractCactusTestCase.java:200) at
 org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.<init>(AbstractCactusTestCase.java:91)
at
 org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.<init>(ServletTestCase.java:85) at
 com.mbasys.mars.ejb.session.util.ServerTestUtilSB.<init>(ServerTestUtilSB.java:13)
at
 java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Native Method))