From "M.-Leander Reimer" <l.rei...@adaptions.de>
Subject Problem with Cactus under Debian Linux
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:14:20 GMT
Hi Cactus users,

we have a set of Cactus tests which run fine under Windows and also
under a German SuSE Linux installation. On our main server (which is an
English Debian installation) we do a nightly build using CruiseControl.
The project uses Maven as build tool with the cactus-maven-1.6.1 plugin.

In the tests we check entity and session EJBs against a JBoss 3.2.3
instance. The test data contains German umlauts. These tests fail on the
Debian server with something like

"expected:<...?...> but was:<...ΓΌ...>"

If I look at the test result XML file I notice that the file.encoding
property is <property name="file.encoding" value="ANSI_X3.4-1968"/>
and not ISO-8859-1.

How and where can I influence and set this property??

I have tried everything. The sources are compile with this file
encoding, the LANG environment property is set correctly, I have
included -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 in my MAVEN_OPTS environemt
variable, but still no change.

Any ideas??

Thanks for any advice or help!

Leander