From Mark Slater <m...@analogsoftware.com>
Subject Re: what is the location of data files for testing?
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2004 17:28:51 GMT
Hi Vincent,

I'm testing an Entity bean that takes a picture and stores it in the
DB. It's a somewhat contrived test, but the whole app is contrived.
It's a technology demonstration that I can use to show the people who
will be rotating in and out of the project over the next few years, and
it will (hopefully) cover the vast majority of situations they'll
encounter. In this case, the bean is pretty lame. However, I can
imagine other test cases where I want a file (maybe a test CSV data
file with all the test entity data, or an XML file that some
intermediary session bean has to process) included in the test WAR so
that cactus can load it up. My understanding is that for Local Entity
beans, there is no client side, so running the setup from outside the
server, a la begin() and end(), either wouldn't work, or would be poor
style.

Of course, I'm still new at this too, so I could be way off. I just
figured there would be a standard place to put such files so they are
available server-side for testing.

Mark