From Kazuhito SUGURI <suguri.kazuh...@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Subject Re: ServletTestRunner and multiple Web Applications
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:43:54 GMT
Hi Vincent,

In article <013801c456c7$8a8ccb20$0100007f@vma>,
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:07:26 +0200,
"Vincent Massol" <vmassol@pivolis.com> wrote:
vmassol> >         String contextURL = System.getProperty(
vmassol> >             BaseConfiguration.CACTUS_CONTEXT_URL_PROPERTY);
vmassol> >
vmassol> >         if (contextURL == null)
vmassol> > 	{
vmassol> >                     System.setProperty(
vmassol> >                         BaseConfiguration.CACTUS_CONTEXT_URL_PROPERTY,
vmassol> >                         "http://" + theRequest.getServerName() + ":"
vmassol> >                         + theRequest.getServerPort()
vmassol> >                         + theRequest.getContextPath());
vmassol> >         }
[snip]
vmassol> I don't think so as calling System.setProperty() overwrites the previous
vmassol> value.

What current code doing is
      if System.getProperty() retruns null, then System.setProperty()
So, non-null previous value will not be changed.
Am I missing something?

vmassol> I think that we could change the current behavior but before doing so we
vmassol> must decide whether we want to accept Mark's use case as a valid Cactus
vmassol> use case. ATM, this is not the case and Cactus is not meant to support
vmassol> this. And before we take this call, I'd like more information from Mark.
vmassol> Hence the questions I've asked in my answer.

Yes, we need feedbacks from Mark and other users.

Regards,
----
Kazuhito SUGURI
mailto:suguri.kazuhito@lab.ntt.co.jp