From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Setting runtime properties from Maven
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 06:20:39 GMT
Hi Stephen,

You're right! It's definitely missing this feature. This is supported by
the <cactus> task through the <cactusproperty> nested element which
allows you to set up a runtime property either on the cactus client side
or cactus server side. However it's not used in the Maven plugin.

That said, you can use a trick till we add this feature request. It
happens that the following is used in the plugin.jelly of the Maven
plugin:

    <cactusproperty server="false"
        propertiesFile="${cactus.logging.config.client}"/>
[...]
    <cactusproperty server="true"
        propertiesFile="${cactus.logging.config.server}"/>

Which means that if you define a cactus.logging.config.client or
cactus.logging.config.server property in your project.properties or
build.properties and that you make it point to the location of a
properties file, you will be able to define properties in it that will
be set up as system properties by the Cactus task.

The cactus.logging.config.client would be for Cactus client side
properties whereas the cactus.logging.config.server would be for Cactus
server side properties.

Thanks
-Vincent