From "Stephane Nicoll" <snic...@kiala.com>
Subject Building a cactified EAR without declaring a dependency
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 06:59:39 GMT
Hello list,

Because we need to build independent modules we have started building client
jars. A module X has now two jars, the ejb-jar module containing private
classes and the bean implementation and a client-jar module containing public
classes (i.e. used by other modules) and the interfaces (home, etc). To be
fully sure my client jar is correct my module Y now depends on the ejb-client
jar. The problem is when I want to cactify the ear for testing, I need also
the implementation (otherwise my tests will fail).

Is there a way to include something in cactus without declaring it as a
dependency. Or is there a way in maven to declare a dependency without adding
it to the compilation classpath?

Thanks,

St├ęphane

St├ęphane Nicoll
Software Engineer
KIALA NV - The last mile company
Avenue Louise/Louisalaan 149/28 (24th floor)
B-1050 Brussels (BELGIUM)
TEL +32 2 535 93 67
GSM +32 477 77 26 96
E-mail snicoll@kiala.com