From "Mallinath Suralikal (C)" <Mallinath.Surali...@neoforma.com>
Subject cactus httpunit with old xerces version doesn't work
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 22:28:19 GMT
 am using Cactus 12-1.6.1 with WebLogic 7.1, JDK 1.31, we are using older
version of xerces in our product. I can't integrate cactus with with our
product unit testing, HTTPUnit module s not able to resolve
XMLParserConfiguration.  Please let me know which version of cactus, I
should be using to resolve this issue.
The problem occurs only when I try to use HTTPUnit assertions.

<error message="org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.&lt;init&gt;
(Lorg/apache/xerces/xni/parser/XMLParserConfiguration;)V"
type="java.lang.NoSuchMethodError">java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.&lt;init&gt;(Lorg/apache/xerces/xni/pars
er/XMLParserConfiguration;)V
 at
com.meterware.httpunit.parsing.NekoDOMParser.&lt;init&gt;(NekoDOMParser.java
:113)
 at
com.meterware.httpunit.parsing.NekoDOMParser.newParser(NekoDOMParser.java:65
)
 at
com.meterware.httpunit.parsing.NekoHTMLParser.parse(NekoHTMLParser.java:40)
 at com.meterware.httpunit.HTMLPage.parse(HTMLPage.java:244)
 at
com.meterware.httpunit.WebResponse.getReceivedPage(WebResponse.java:1014)
 at com.meterware.httpunit.WebResponse.getTables(WebResponse.java:478)
 at
com.neoforma.buslayer.contract.appspecific.cm.ejb.MsgJspTest.endMessage(MsgJ
spTest.java:74)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.callGenericEndMethod(
ClientTestCaseCaller.java:441)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.callEndMethod_aroundB
ody2(ClientTestCaseCaller.java:208)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.callEndMethod_aroundB
ody3$advice(ClientTestCaseCaller.java:206)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.callEndMethod(ClientT
estCaseCaller.java)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.runTest(ClientTestCas
eCaller.java:148)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBareClient(AbstractCact
usTestCase.java:215)
 at
org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBare(AbstractCactusTest
Case.java:133)
</error>