From "J. B. Rainsberger" <jbra...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: Testing MDB
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 01:40:53 GMT
Mahfouz, Ayman wrote:

> Sounds good except for that:
> - JMS provides only interfaces, so he will have to fully implement the
> message interface to be actually able to instantiate a message. A mock
> implementation should do.

He only needs to implement as much of Message as he knows the MDB invokes.

> - If you are going to adopt this approach then you do not even need
> Cactus. You can instantiate the MDB in a regular JUnit test and invoke
> onMessage. Unless of course you are using other container resources like
> DataSource.

See my other message for what to do in the latter case.

And yes, I know you don't need Cactus for that. That's intentional. (I
like Cactus, but that doesn't mean I should /always/ use it.)
--
J. B. Rainsberger,
Diaspar Software Services