From "J. B. Rainsberger" <jbra...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: Testing MDB
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 21:45:56 GMT
Jayaraman.Dorai@transplace.com wrote:
> I have a message bean which creates a set of data in the database after
> parsing the xml . In the setUp() the message is sent to this MDB. And in
> the testXXX() I test to see if the records are properly created and in the
> tearDown() those records created are deleted, so that the test data  in the
> xml is reusable.
>
> The problem is that when the testXXX() are being executed the MDB's method
> might not have been done with the creation and so the test fails, while the
> MDB did not fail at all.
>
> Is there any suggested approach to test this MDB? Reading the archive/
> documentation also did not help on how to code the above scenario. Is this
> kind of testing possible or am I way off?
>
> Also, is there any documentation on how to use the JMSRedirector?

I don't recommend this approach.

Instead, create the appropriate Message object yourself, then simply
invoke onMessage(). (If you need to, fake it.) Avoid sending the Message
through the EJB container to eliminate an unnecessary layer of complexity.

Good luck.
--
J. B. Rainsberger,
Diaspar Software Services