From "J. B. Rainsberger" <jbra...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: EJB testing
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 18:06:31 GMT
Ron Roth wrote:

> [...]
Is it possible to do this?

[JBR]
> Instantiate the EJB implementation class in a plain old JVM then invoke
> the methods. Voila.

[Ron]
 > So it's a tradeoff of testing in container vs. testing non-interface
 > methods? Is there any way to have both?

Not of which I'm aware. An EJB running in the container only exposes its
methods through the component interface. If you want to invoke methods
not on the component interface, then you need a reference (remote or
local, in the RMI sense, and not the EJB sense) to the EJB. I'm not
aware of a container that allows you to do that.

Can you describe the method you want to test? Perhaps we can find
something better.
--
J. B. Rainsberger,
Diaspar Software Services