From Stephane Nicoll <snic...@kiala.com>
Subject RE: Building a cactified EAR without declaring a dependency
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 07:52:11 GMT
Let me explain more precisely ;)

I have a maven project with multiple modules, let's say X, Y and Z. X
needs Y to work but because I want to be able to deploy them separately,
I created client-jars with the external view of module Y.

Basically, in my maven project for module Y, I have a dependency on the
client-jar of X. If I implement things and compile, I only need the
client-jar of X because I don't care about its implemenation (I am in
module Y). However, If I want to run tests on my modulue Y, I Do need
the implementation (otherwise NamingException, etc).

So is there a way to declare this dependency only for cactus (i.e. I
don't need it to compile and build Y but If i want to test it, it should
be in the cactifyed ear).

Hope it's more clear ;)

Thanks,

St├ęphane