From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: BasicAuthentication fails with struts app
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 08:42:02 GMT
Hi,

Could you turn logging on the server side? You'll find the reason for
the error in there.

Thanks
-Vincent

[http://localhost:7001/citialert_web/ServletRedirectorSecure]

>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
> t_aroundBody0(DefaultHttpClient.java:92)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
> t_aroundBody1$advice(DefaultHttpClient.java:206)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
> t(DefaultHttpClient.java)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
> WebTest(HttpProtocolHandler.java:159)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
> Test_aroundBody0(HttpProtocolHandler.java:80)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
> Test_aroundBody1$advice(HttpProtocolHandler.java:206)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
> Test(HttpProtocolHandler.java)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.runTest(ClientTes
> tCaseCaller.java:144)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBareClient(Abstract
> CactusTestCase.java:215)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBare(AbstractCactus
> TestCase.java:133)
>
>             at
junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)

>             at
> junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
>
>             at

org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTe
> stRunner.java:392)
>
>             at

org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRun
> ner.java:276)
>
>             at

org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRu
> nner.java:167)
>
> org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ParsingException: Not a valid
response
> [401 Unauthorized xxx]
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.callG
> etResult(DefaultHttpClient.java:211)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
> t_aroundBody0(DefaultHttpClient.java:87)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
> t_aroundBody1$advice(DefaultHttpClient.java:206)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTes
> t(DefaultHttpClient.java)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
> WebTest(HttpProtocolHandler.java:159)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
> Test_aroundBody0(HttpProtocolHandler.java:80)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
> Test_aroundBody1$advice(HttpProtocolHandler.java:206)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.connector.http.HttpProtocolHandler.run
> Test(HttpProtocolHandler.java)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.ClientTestCaseCaller.runTest(ClientTes
> tCaseCaller.java:144)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBareClient(Abstract
> CactusTestCase.java:215)
>
>             at

org.apache.cactus.internal.AbstractCactusTestCase.runBare(AbstractCactus
> TestCase.java:133)
>
>             at
junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)

>             at
> junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
>
>             at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
>
>             at

org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTe
> stRunner.java:392)
>
>             at

org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRun
> ner.java:276)
>
>             at

org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRu
> nner.java:167)
>

> I debugged a little bit and it seems that the resultConnection in the
> DefaultHttpClient is returning a responseCode = -1.
>
> Please help.
>
> A fragment of web.xml is below
>
> <security-constraint>
>
>     <web-resource-collection>
>
>       <web-resource-name>SecurityRestriction</web-resource-name>
>
>       <description>Protect the Cactus redirector
servlet.</description>