From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: behaviour of the maven plugin
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 01:06:29 GMT
Peter Bright <Peter.Bright@orbian.com> wrote on 02/04/2004 02:35:45 AM:

> Hello,
[snip]
> less than ideal to me.  A project.xml that works with 1.4 doesn't work
with
> 1.3 (and vice versa -- 1.4 needs ear.module which 1.3 doesn't recognize,
and
> 1.3 needs ear.bundle which 1.4 does something stupid with).

Just out of curiosity, what is the stupid thing that the 1.4 ear plugin
does with ear.bundle?

The only things that should be put in application.xml as <java> elements
are application clients. The DTD says:

<!--
The java element specifies the URI of a java application client module,
relative
to the top level of the application package.
-->

People had been using these for things like commons-logging, which was
clearly wrong.

Do you really have application client modules you are bundling into the
ear?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting