From "Shvartsburd, Feliks" <Feliks.Shvartsb...@MKMV.com>
Subject RE: beginXXX and endXXX jsp problems
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:00:09 GMT
Hi Vincent

I don't' know what's causing getText to return an empty string or null. I looked at getText
implementation and as far as remember it's just a wrapper to the code below. That's why in
my email I said that it was weird. Unfortunately I don't know the problem if any exists? I
do have another question actually. It seems that either I'm doing something wrong or cactus
is not maintaining http session using cookies. Here's scenario. I have several test cases.
First one is just login into the system. At the end of beginXXX I use the following:

 wr.setAutomaticSession(true);

When I execute the next test case I assume that cactus maintains the session and I try to
execute something on the server side inside of my testXXX method. I get an error from the
server stating that my user is not logged in. That led me to believe that cactus either didn't
send the cookie along with my request or the cookie didn't match what was expected by the
server for the user what logged into the system in my first test. So, what I did is this:

In my first test inside of my endXXX I do this:

 Cookie ws = response.getCookie(SessionConstants.WL_COOKIE);
 Util.storeCookie(userName, ws.getValue());

In all my consequent tests inside of beginXXX I do this:

 String cookie = Util.getCookie(userName);
 if(cookie != null)
    wr.addCookie(SessionConstants.WL_COOKIE, cookie);

Everything works just fine. It seems kind of weird that cactus doesn't have this feature built
in (or like I said I'm really doing something wrong). If you can let me know what is it that
I'm not doing right I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

felix