From "Mark Lybarger" <Mark.Lybar...@CBC-Companies.com>
Subject RE: Weblogic 8.1 deploy issue
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:01:21 GMT
Darren,

Are you able to deploy a plain jane cactified war?  Using something like this:
    <cactifywar version="2.3" destfile="test.war"/>
I'm only using cactus to test ejbs with wls 8.1 right now.  We don't have any client items
that we can easily test using cactus (turbine/velocity framework).  Someone correct me if
i'm wrong, but all cactus needs on the cactified war side is to have the .class files of the
tests and all classes needed to invoke the tests classes. maybe some supporting jars as well
(web-inf/lib).  For ejbs this means having remote interfaces available.  Then cactus will
proxy off to the actual running component.  So for me, I deploy a cactifiedwar, and our ear
which contains only ejbs and supporting jar files.  The cactified war contains (as a convenience)
all our class files, but not deployment descriptors or anything like that. the beans the war
uses are the beans deployed as part of our ear.

I've found Weblogic's error messages to be cryptic and hard to track down.  A rough guess
would be that something in your app (within the cactified war) wasn't able to initialize so
it bailed out.  that's probably way off, probably would need more info from the log file to
help better determine the cause.

Maybe you can try to deploy your war, as well as a cactified war that contains just your class
files and web-inf/lib folder to the same server (maybe you just have one in development),
and see how that goes?