From David Plass <DPl...@TCICREDIT.COM>
Subject RE: Cactus or JUnit
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:03:43 GMT
Yes, I'd agree.  If your server-side object can be instantiated outside the
server (i.e., not an EJB), and it doesn't require session/request/response
objects, by all means, use Junit.

"Use the simplest test framework that works".

Thanks
--DP

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Ivey [mailto:cbivey@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 9:30 AM
To: Cactus Users - List
Subject: Cactus or JUnit

I am new to Cactus, JUnit, and StrutsTestCase.  In fact, this is the first
time I've attempted to perform any structured testing.  I've successfully
written some Struts test cases.

My question is basically one of design.  I am trying to test a server side
object that is neither a Servlet, JSP, or EJB.    It contains no Struts
code.  It just contains an algorithm for building an HTML menu.  My first
guess is that JUnit should be used.  Would anyone agree with this?

Also, in the application I am testing Session IDs need to be passed between
pages.  Is there a best practice for storing this in my testing package for
reuse among the different test cases?

Thanks,
Brian Ivey