From "Stephane Nicoll" <snic...@kiala.com>
Subject RE: Cactus integration test with a production's EAR
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:01:11 GMT
Vincent,

I am openning de ticket and will work on it as soon as I have spare time.

Regards,

Stephane

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Massol [mailto:vmassol@pivolis.com]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 11:56 AM
To: 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: RE: Cactus integration test with a production's EAR

Hi Stephane,

ATM, the Cactus plugin for Maven doesn't support this use case but I'm keen
to get it added. That would mean to really cactify an existing EAR in the
same spirit as the <cactifywar> task which takes an existing WAR and
cactifies it.

To do it cleanly would mean submitting a patch to the Cactus Ant integration
in the form of a new <cactifyear> task. Then we could call it from the Cactus
plugin for Maven. It's not trivial to do but it's possible and would be very
useful.

Feel free to add it as an idea to bugzilla. However, I personally do not have
the time right now to work on this :-)

It should also be possible to implement the cactifyear logic in jelly but
it's less nice and would need to be refactored in the future and moved into
an Ant task.

Thanks
-Vincent

> Thanks,
>
> St├ęphane

the
> whole application (these tests could be cactus or some other but
they'll
> be
> exercising full flows).
>
> Thus you'd run (integration) unit tests on modules and functional
tests on
> the application. What do you think?
>
> <OT>My directory structure is similar but slightly different from
yours.
> I have:
>
> Project
>   modules/
>   applications/
>   containers/
>   nodes/
>   system/
>
> where:
> - applications are a set of modules
> - containers are a set of applications running in a specific container
> - nodes are the set of containers running on a given physical machine
type
> - system is a single maven project representing the whole
project/system

> Each of these project types can be built for a given environment
> (development, integration, pre-production, demo, production, etc) and
> contain all configuration files required.
>
> The whole system does not only the build but also the packaging +
> deployment.
> </OT>
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent