From "Stephane Nicoll" <snic...@kiala.com>
Subject RE: Réf. : Cactus integration test with a production's EAR
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:47:24 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Massol [mailto:vmassol@pivolis.com]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 11:44 AM
To: 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: RE: Réf. : Cactus integration test with a production's EAR

<OT>
Why don't you build everything from CVS HEAD? That would ensure that changes
are all compatible at any single point in time. I'm curious to understand why
you don't want to be doing continuous integration (I've always found it to be
very useful in my projects). If people are working on fixing bugs of a
previous release, they'll work on a branch. Same if people are working on
experimental features. But the main development for the current release would
be on HEAD. What's wrong with this? :-) </OT>

Simply because some modules might have been updated to version 2.0 with new
functionnalities that won't be included in the next version of the
application. So other modules still relies on 1.4.X for instance. The CVS
head is stable but it might not be the state we want for all modules.

Regards,

Stéphane