From "Stephane Nicoll" <snic...@kiala.com>
Subject RE: Cactus integration test with a production's EAR
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:43:22 GMT
Mmm. I think you have a point. Let's say I want functional tests using
cactus. How can I put a dependency on the generated EAR (that is run cactus
tests based on e EAR and not separate modules).

With cactus, the cactifyear can include some modules, etc. In my case, I need
to "add" cactus into an existing EAR or depends on it.

Any idea?

Thanks,

St├ęphane

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Massol [mailto:vmassol@pivolis.com]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 11:39 AM
To: 'Cactus Users List'
Subject: RE: Cactus integration test with a production's EAR

Hi Stephane,

I'd like to know what's the incentive of re-running the Cactus tests on the
applications project. My belief is that you'd be better to run complementary
tests on the application project, like functional tests that exercise the
whole application (these tests could be cactus or some other but they'll be
exercising full flows).

Thus you'd run (integration) unit tests on modules and functional tests on
the application. What do you think?

<OT>My directory structure is similar but slightly different from yours.
I have:

Project
  modules/
  applications/
  containers/
  nodes/
  system/

where:
- applications are a set of modules
- containers are a set of applications running in a specific container
- nodes are the set of containers running on a given physical machine type
- system is a single maven project representing the whole project/system

Each of these project types can be built for a given environment
(development, integration, pre-production, demo, production, etc) and contain
all configuration files required.

The whole system does not only the build but also the packaging + deployment.
</OT>

Thanks
-Vincent

all