From "Stephane Nicoll" <snic...@kiala.com>
Subject RE: Réf. : Cactus integration test with a production's EAR
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:56:52 GMT
Nicolas,

I don't use the mutltiproject facilities for the simple reason that the EAR I
build is not relying on the CVS head. See I can have module 1 version 2.4.5
which is 2 months old and module2 version 1.2.6 in the HEAD. Then I build an
EAR with those two modules (to make it simple) and  I want to test the EAR (I
mean the one which has been created and put in production)

Thanks,

Stéphane

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas.CHALUMEAU@arsoe-trelaze.com
[mailto:Nicolas.CHALUMEAU@arsoe-trelaze.com]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 10:52 AM
To: Cactus Users List
Subject: Réf. : Cactus integration test with a production's EAR

I use the same directory structure (thank to Vincent Massol for its doc).

Why don't you use maven multiproject facilities ?
Declare modules dependancies with snapshot version and rebuild all your
project.
maven clean multiproject:install

All your test will be execute. All the moduleX test stand for your
integration test. Your can define Acceptance or functionnal test in your
applications module.

Nicolas

"Stephane Nicoll" <snicoll@kiala.com>
19/03/2004 09:35
Veuillez répondre à "Cactus Users List"

        Pour :  <cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc :

Guys,

We are using maven to manage our application. It's something like

Project
   applications
   modules
     module1
     module2

Each module is a maven project and generate an EJB-JAR or a WAR. Each module
has its own cactus tests and rely on fixed version of other modules to work.
At the end, an EAR is build (applications dir is also a maven project and
manages this) with a version of each modules.

Our problem now is that we would like to:

- Run ALL tests of ALL modules on the generated EAR (basically module1 needs
module2 and3 for instance while module4 needs 1and3, etc but at the end all
modules fit together in a single EAR). It means gather and compile the tests
of all modules in some separate project
- Run some other tests.

My idea is to create a new maven project "integration" containing integration
tests (the "run some other tests" part). Then I have somehow to gather all
cactus's test source files from all modules and compile them in a common
place + build a WAR.

If this works I should somehow be able to depend on some EAR (since it's
deployed in our local repo), copy it to my application server, start it, copy
the war and launch the tests.

Does it seem feasible to you?

If someone else is insterested or  find this relevant, maybe I can provide a
patch.

Regards,

Stéphane