From "Rebecca Hauck" <rebeccaha...@metatv.com>
Subject Test class not found
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 01:15:05 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to Cactus + Ant and am having some trouble getting my tests to
run (trace is below).

I have a cactified war file... the app to be tested + my test class.
Here is what I have in my build.xml file:

<cactifywar srcfile="lib/packager-5.2-148.war"
destfile="${dist.dir}/cact-packager-5.2.war">

    <classes dir="${build.dir}/com/test/cactus" includes="**/*.class"/>

</cactifywar>

I then deploy the cactified warfile through an in-house UI deployment
app (as this is part of our real user's scenario)

I restart container (Resin 2.x)

I then run my test from a client machine as a normal Junit test.

I verified the following things:

- My test class is at WEB-INF/classes/ CactusServletTests.class (that's
where it got put after deployment)

- There is only one cactus.jar file on the server side and only one on
the client

- I try:
http://192.168.101.42:9090/cact-packager/ServletRedirector?Cactus_Servic
e=RUN_TEST in a browser and get a blank page as I'm supposed to, so the
jar file is indeed being found with the ServletRedirector.class in it.

Other things I tried: (Is this where my test class is supposed to be b/c
of how I named the package?)

- I manually create WEB-INF/classes/com/test/cactus/ and copy
CactusServletTests.class there - restart Resin.

Any input, advice, help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have read and
read and read all the cactus and ant docs, searched the web high and
low, even tried some other peoples' solutions to the problem.... to no
avail :-(

Thanks!

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error finding class
[com.test.cactus.CactusServletTests] using both the Context classloader
and the webapp classloader. Possible causes include:

            - Your webapp does not include your test classes,

            - The cactus.jar is not located in your WEB-INF/lib
directory and your Container has not set the Context classloader to
point to the webapp one

            at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestCaller.getTestClassClass(Abstrac
tWebTestCaller.java:518)

            at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestCaller.getTestClassInstance(Abst
ractWebTestCaller.java:401)

            at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestCaller.doTest(AbstractWebTestCal
ler.java:148)

            at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequest_aroundB
ody0(AbstractWebTestController.java:130)

            at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequest_aroundB
ody1$advice(AbstractWebTestController.java:158)

            at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequest(Abstrac
tWebTestController.java)

            at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost_aroundBody2(Servle
tTestRedirector.java:138)

            at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost_aroundBody3$advice
(ServletTestRedirector.java:158)

            at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost(ServletTestRedirec
tor.java)

            at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet_aroundBody0(Servlet
TestRedirector.java:109)

            at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet_aroundBody1$advice(
ServletTestRedirector.java:158)

            at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet(ServletTestRedirect
or.java)

            at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:126)

            at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:103)

            at
com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainServlet.doFilter(FilterChainServlet.ja
va:96)

            at
com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:315)

            at
com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:135)

            at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:246)

            at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleConnection(HttpRequest.java:163
)

            at
com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:139)

            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)