From Rene Mischak <rmisc...@jamba.net>
Subject Re: [Help] Servlet response's encoding of new lines, what is the correct behavior?
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:36:32 GMT
Hello Vincent,

I suggest you try System.setProperty("line.separator", "\n").

Allthough I have no perfect solution how to adopt your tests to the
server behavior.

Just some ideas:
-set the property line.separator for the container and always force
'\n'. Would that be possible?
-Replace '\n\r' with '\n' in the response, not very elegant.
-set the property line.separator for the test client and adjust to
container behavior.

Hope this helps you.

Vincent Massol wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way (through some encoding?) to control how the response
> stream should encode end of lines?

IMHO, encoding does not affect the eol in any way, but setting
'line.seperator' should do it.

-Rene