From "Thulasiram Dharman" <tdhar...@mail.com>
Subject Using Cactus to test applications requiring login
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:39:35 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to use Cactus to write test cases for a web application that requires the user
to login. I'm having some difficulty writing test case for testing my module after logging-in
first.  The login module is different from the module I'm trying to unit test. However, the
user information that is stored in the session following a successful login is required by
the module I'm trying to test.  Before I begin to delve any deeper into the code that I have
written so far, I would like to get an idea on whether or not this scenario can be tested
using Cactus-Junit.  If this is a possible to test using Cactus, it would be very helpful
to me if someone could give me some pointers on how to write tests for a web application that
requires users to log-in first.

Thank you.

Regards,
-Ram Dharman