From MCG QA <mc...@yahoo.com>
Subject What am I missing? Please Help!
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:21:54 GMT
I know i'm missing something. Can anybody tell me why
am I getting this error? Any help is appreciated:

error message="A NullPointerException was thrown. This
may indicate an error in your ActionForm, or it may
indicate that the Struts ActionServlet was unable to
find struts config file. TestCase is running from
C:\Tomcat5.0\bin directory."
type="org.apache.cactus.client.ServletExceptionWrapper">servletunit.struts.ExceptionDuringTestError:
A NullPointerException was thrown. This may indicate
an error in your ActionForm, or it may indicate that
the Struts ActionServlet was unable to find struts
config file.

Exception from the Container Console:

- MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResourcesFac
tory
        at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory(MessageR
esourcesFactory.java:193)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageRe
sources.java:576)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.<clinit>(RequestUtils.java:134)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResourcesFactory.createFactory(MessageR
esourcesFactory.java:192)
        at
org.apache.struts.util.MessageResources.getMessageResources(MessageRe
sources.java:576)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.initInternal(ActionServlet.jav
a:1329)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.init(ActionServlet.java:464)
        at
javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
        at
servletunit.struts.CactusStrutsTestCase.getActionServlet(CactusStruts
TestCase.java:451)
        at
servletunit.struts.CactusStrutsTestCase.actionPerform(CactusStrutsTes
tCase.java:510)
        at
com.mgh.mhhe.web.action.DoLoginActionTest.testSuccessfulLogin(DoLogin
ActionTest.java:27)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at
junit.framework.TestCase.runTest(TestCase.java:154)
        at
junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
        at
org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runCactusTest(ServletTestCase.java:
295)
        at
org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runBare(ServletTestCase.java:263)
        at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestCaller.doTest(AbstractWebTest
Caller.java:156)
        at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequest_arou
ndBody0(AbstractWebTestController.java:130)
        at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequest_arou
ndBody1$advice(AbstractWebTestController.java:158)
        at
org.apache.cactus.server.AbstractWebTestController.handleRequest(Abst
ractWebTestController.java)
        at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost_aroundBody2(Ser
vletTestRedirector.java:138)
        at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost_aroundBody3$adv
ice(ServletTestRedirector.java:158)
        at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doPost(ServletTestRedi
rector.java)
        at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet_aroundBody0(Serv
letTestRedirector.java:109)
        at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet_aroundBody1$advi
ce(ServletTestRedirector.java:158)
        at
org.apache.cactus.server.ServletTestRedirector.doGet(ServletTestRedir
ector.java)
        at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
        at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:284)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:204)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
alve.java:257)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValv
eContext.java:151)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:567)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(Standard
ContextValve.java:245)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextV
alve.java:199)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValv
eContext.java:151)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:567)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.j
ava:184)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValv
eContext.java:151)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.j
ava:164)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValv
eContext.java:149)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:567)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineVal
ve.java:156)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValv
eContext.java:151)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.jav
a:567)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:972)

        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:20
6)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java
:833)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proce
ssConnection(Http11Protocol.java:732)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:619)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadP
ool.java:688)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

My Env:
JDK 1.4
Tomcat 5.0
StrutsTestCase 2.1.0

my webapp is mhxhex
the structure is
mhxhex
   |---- jsp
   |---- media
   |---- META-INF
   |---- WEB-INF

WEB-INF contains:
 web.xml
  |--- classes
  |--- config (Struts-config.xml, tiles-defs.xml,
validation.xml,validator-rules.xml, cactus.properties)
  |--- lib (all JAR files required by the project)
  |--- tlds

My testcase is
package com.mgh.mhhe.web.action;

import org.apache.cactus.*;
import servletunit.*;
import servletunit.struts.*;
import junit.framework.*;
import junit.extensions.*;
import org.apache.struts.action.*;

public class DoLoginActionTest extends
CactusStrutsTestCase {

    private DoLoginAction DoLogin;

    public DoLoginActionTest(String testName) {
        super(testName);
    }

    public void testSuccessfulLogin() {
       setRequestPathInfo("/submitLoginAction");

addRequestParameter("email","srikanthu@mail.com");
       addRequestParameter("password","12345678");
       actionPerform();
       verifyForward("success");
	   verifyForwardPath("site.index");
       verifyNoActionErrors();
    }

junit.textui.TestRunner.run(DoLoginActionTest.class);
    }
}