From Kazuhito SUGURI <suguri.kazuh...@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Subject Re: [Help] Servlet response's encoding of new lines, what is the correct behavior?
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:30:11 GMT
Hi Vincent

In article <007b01c41319$15561650$f524b4d4@vma>,
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:59:51 +0100,
"Vincent Massol" <vmassol@pivolis.com> wrote:
vmassol> > I think, the responsibility for the content body of the response
vmassol> > should be in the application, not in servlet containers.
vmassol>
vmassol> What do you mean? Do you mean that the test is not correctly written and
vmassol> can be written so that line endings end up being the same? How would you
vmassol> do this?

If the type of end-of-line is important for the test, yes.
Of cource, I may wrong if how println() should ends line is determined
uniquely somewhere. But I don't know where it is.

I suggested "don't use println() but print()" as an idea.
I think, this is a way to control the line endigns.

Regards,
----
Kazuhito SUGURI
E-mail: suguri.kazuhito@lab.ntt.co.jp