From Kazuhito SUGURI <suguri.kazuh...@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Subject Re: [Help] Servlet response's encoding of new lines, what is the correct behavior?
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 04:04:46 GMT
Hi Vincent,

In article <025601c4124d$055a4400$ef24b4d4@vma>,
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:39:08 +0100,
"Vincent Massol" <vmassol@pivolis.com> wrote:
vmassol> I was surprised to see that different containers yielded different
vmassol> result on this. My question is: is that normal? Isn't this behavior
vmassol> defined in the servlet spec? Is it possible by some setting to control
vmassol> the output of containers WRT line-endings?
[snip]
vmassol> But before concluding this I'd like to know if the bug is in the
vmassol> container's implementation or not.

As far as I know, Servlet Sepc says nothing about that.
I think, the responsibility for the content body of the response
should be in the application, not in servlet containers.

Regards,
----
Kazuhito SUGURI
mailto:suguri.kazuhito@lab.ntt.co.jp