From "Ger, Steven M." <s...@Z-TEL.com>
Subject RE: Problems running tests from a browser using the host name.
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:12:57 GMT
Kazuhito,

I've tried the latest release (3/17) and I'm still having problems getting
remote for authentication to work.  The error I get is:

Failed to connect to the secured redirector:
http://localhost:7001/myapp/ServletRedirectorSecure

In noticed this further down in the stack trace
java.lang.Exception: Received a status code [500] and was expecting less
than 400

Is there something I'm missing?

I've attached the xml output if that helps.

Thanks again,
  --Steven

-----Original Message-----
From: Kazuhito SUGURI [mailto:suguri.kazuhito@lab.ntt.co.jp]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 8:30 PM
To: cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problems running tests from a browser using the host name.

Hi Steven

In article
<17FCE7DB03E47B448ED614A8EFFB274D0249DF37@atl_tpl_exc_04.atlanta.ztel.com>,
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:56:39 -0500,
"Ger, Steven M." <sger@Z-TEL.com> wrote:
sger> This test works fine when "localhost" is used in the url.  For
example:
sger> http://localhost:7001/mywebapp/ServletTestRunner?suite=mytestcase
sger>
sger> but when I use the hostname
sger> http://mymachine:7001/mywebapp/ServletTestRunner?suite=mytestcase
sger> the test fails because the user object is not found in the session.
sger>
sger> Could someone tell me if there is a work around.  The test cases I
need to
sger> run are on a remote server so I'm hoping I'll still be able to use
this
sger> solution.

If you are using Cactus-1.5, it doesn't support form-based authentication
against remote host.

Please try latest nightly build instead.

Regards,
----
Kazuhito SUGURI
mailto:suguri.kazuhito@lab.ntt.co.jp