From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Cactus/test name is null
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:43:28 GMT
Very cool. Thanks Kazuhito.

What would be excellent is if you could also provide some test cases
proving that it works. You can either reuse an existing test case class
if it makes sense or create a new one. That will enrich our test suite
and not lower our test coverage! :-)

I've had a brief look at the patch. It looks good. Maybe, as a second
step, it would be good to factorize both your check and the ones that
already exist into a single place. ATM, there are lots of checks in the
ClientTestCaseCaller.callGeneric*Method(...)

It would be excellent if all the checks could be gathered in one place.

<future idea>
I've always had the idea of creating AspectJ aspects that will verify
that of the environment in which the Cactus framework executes in order
to verify everything is setup correctly. That could include verifying
test cases are written correctly too. The reason for an aspect is that
these checks have to happen in lots of different locations but they are
implementing the same concern:
- they are not code that deliver a business result
- they are checking environment health
- they know how to deal with errors
Thus I think it makes an excellent candidate for some aspects.
</future idea>

Thanks!
-Vincent