From "Darren Witham" <Darren.Wit...@bacs.co.uk>
Subject RE: Weblogic 8.1 deploy issue
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:56:52 GMT
Thx - Mark yes I ran into that one. I took a bit more of a sledgehammer solution and added
the relevant jar file to the Cactus libs. Will look at this suggestion.

FYI - the reason I was unable to deploy even a bulk standard cactified WAR was something to
do with using the J2EE 1.3 version against WLS 8.1. I reverted back to 1.2 and it deployed
fine. I have not had time to investigate why that might be the case, for the time being I
am just happy to be able to run Cactus tests.....

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Lybarger [mailto:Mark.Lybarger@CBC-Companies.com]
Sent: 30 March 2004 19:46
To: Cactus Users List
Subject: RE: Weblogic 8.1 deploy issue

Darren,

I just ran into some snags with wls 8.1.  It seems they (by default) override the LogFactory
setting for the commons-logging, but fail to make available (by default) the implementation
that they require.  See the following:

http://dev2dev.bea.com/products/wlworkshop81/articles/workshopfaqs.jsp

IIRC, cactus is also using commons-logging.  You might want to try the suggestion of bea (if
you're not on sp2) and put a blank commons-logging.properties on your server classpath.
Let me know if this helps.

~mark