From "Darren Witham" <Darren.Wit...@bacs.co.uk>
Subject Weblogic 8.1 deploy issue
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:43:54 GMT
Hi,

  I am having some issues deploying a cactified WAR onto Weblogic.

  I am simply creating a WAR file using ANT and then applying the <cactifywar> task.
When I examine what this task has done I see that the web.xml file has been modified and a
few libraries added to WEB-INF/lib as expected. However when I attempt to deploy this WAR
either via ANT (using Weblogic.deploy) or simply attempting to hot deploy it, Weblogic complains
with the following :

     [java] Exception:weblogic.management.ApplicationException: start() failed.
     [java]     Module: coreservices    Error: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

A further look in the logs shows :

weblogic.management.DeploymentException:
Exception:weblogic.management.ApplicationException: start() failed Module: coreservices Error:
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.doCommit(SlaveDeployer.java:2549
at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.commit(SlaveDeployer.java:2349 at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.checkAutoCommit(SlaveDeployer.java:2431
at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.prepare(SlaveDeployer.java:2343 at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.prepare(SlaveDeployer.java:2511
at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.processPrepareTask(SlaveDeployer.java:833
at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareDelta(SlaveDeployer.java:542 at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareUpdate(SlaveDeployer.java:500
at weblogic.drs.internal.SlaveCallbackHandler$1.execute(SlaveCallbackHandler.java:25 at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170
The WAR file itself deploys fine prior to cactifying it. There is no obvious message telling
me that the WAR file maybe be missing something it requires.
Any pointers appreciated........
Thx

You can find us at www.bacs.co.uk

This communication is confidential and intended for
the exclusive use of the addressee only. You should
not disclose its contents to any other person.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify
the sender named above immediately.

BACS Limited, registered in England, No 1023742,
3 De Havilland Road, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 5QA