From "Paul Green" <Paul.Gr...@ons.gsi.gov.uk>
Subject AbstractHttpServletRequestWrapper - NullPointerException
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:07:22 GMT
Hi All,

I have a piece of code that calls request.getPathTranslated() which, in
Cactus, ends up as a call to
AbstractHttpServletRequestWrapper.getPathTranslated(). This appears to be
throwing a NullPointerException on line 314, where it tries to call
getPathInfo() on the instance variable "url". This instance variable is set
when the constructor is called, and the Javadoc says that it can be set to
null. In order to make my code work, therefore, I need to find out how to
have a non-null "url" parameter passed to the constructor of
AbstractHttpServletRequestWrapper. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Regards,

Paul Green
Developer, JTU, Office for National Statistics

Paul's pointless fact of the week:
"Twenty-one percent of American smokers do not believe that nicotine is
addictive."

For the latest data on the economy and society
consult National Statistics at http://www.statistics.gov.uk

Please Note:  Incoming and outgoing email messages
are routinely monitored for compliance with our policy
on the use of electronic communications
Legal Disclaimer  :  Any views expressed by
the sender of this message are not necessarily
those of the Office for National Statistics