From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Starting/Stopping Resin with Ant
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:56:15 GMT
Am 25.02.2004 um 10:15 schrieb Vincent Massol:
>> I believe we already have this functionality in <runservertests>
>> (although not documented):
>>
>>    <runservertests testurl="...">
>>      <start target="start.resin"/>
>>      <test>
>>        <!-- Here you can invoke any Ant tasks you like -->
>>        <echo>Here we go</echo>
>>        <antcall target="foo"/>
>>        <antcall target="bar"/>
>>      </test>
>>      <stop target="stop.resin"/>
>>    </runservertests>
>
> But you'll have to implement the start.resin goal no? It's not calling
> the o.a.c.i.a.c.resin.* classes , right?

Ah, I thought I was missing something :-)

In that case I'd suggest extending <runservertests> so that it would
accept a nested <containerset>, similar to <cactus>. This approach
would be much cleaner than providing separate <startcontainer> and
<stopcontainer> tasks IMHO.

That can get messy though, because the task basically gets two
different modes: the first is using the classic start/stop hooks, the
second mode would be based on container sets. Note that the first mode
could be dropped, because a generic container inside a container set
supports the same semantics, but simply dropping the start/stop hooks
would break backward compatibility. I recall working on this, but gave
up because I didn't need it myself.

This would be simpler if we'd simply make this a new task
(<runcontainer> or <incontainer>?).

Cheers,
Chris
--