From Matt Raible <li...@raibledesigns.com>
Subject Re: Starting/Stopping Resin with Ant
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:42:03 GMT
Thanks for the link Vincent.  To be honest, I'd rather use the <cactus>
task since I know that works, and I can use that for Cactus tests.  But
for running my JSP tests (with Canoo's webtest), I start tomcat, run
the tests, and then stop it.  I'm trying to do the same thing for resin
and then have an ant property that allows users to easily switch
between tomcat and resin.

Here's what I have.  The start.resin target works fine, but the
stop.resin target just hangs (when called in <runservertests>).

     <!--
=================================================================== -->
     <!--            Start Resin
      -->
     <!--
=================================================================== -->
     <target name="start.resin"
         description="starts resin in current console window">

         <java classname="org.apache.cactus.ant.ResinRun" fork="yes">
             <arg value="-start"/>
             <jvmarg
value="-Djava.util.logging.manager=com.caucho.log.LogManagerImpl"/>

             <classpath>
                 <path refid="cactus.classpath"/>
                 <fileset dir="${env.RESIN_HOME}/lib" includes="*.jar"/>
             </classpath>
         </java>
     </target>

     <!--
=================================================================== -->
     <!--            Stop Resin
      -->
     <!--
=================================================================== -->
     <target name="stop.resin" description="stops resin">

         <java classname="org.apache.cactus.ant.ResinRun" fork="yes">
             <arg value="-stop"/>
             <jvmarg
value="-Djava.util.logging.manager=com.caucho.log.LogManagerImpl"/>

             <classpath>
                 <path refid="cactus.classpath"/>
                 <fileset dir="${env.RESIN_HOME}/lib" includes="*.jar"/>
             </classpath>
         </java>
     </target>

Also, I like the <cactus> task, but I can't use it to test both Tomcat
and Resin back-to-back.  If I could use <antcall> between the two -
that'd be awful slick. ;-)

Matt