From Simon Gibbs <enquir...@simongibbs.co.uk>
Subject Re: Cactus too slow
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 00:11:23 GMT
On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 23:51, kimbuba wrote:
> Hello,
> it is normal that for a simple Servlet test  taking about 20-30 seconds to
> testing?
> I'm using cactus from eclipse to a remote (Lan connection) linux tomcat.
> Thnx in advance for helping!
> kimbuba.

Typically 1 min 30 seconds for me. That is to compile and cactify a war
file on a LAN share and deploy to a local server.

My tests do a great deal of database calls and require only 20-30
seconds. So a minimal code-test cycle is three minutes. Which for me is
just about bareable. I would rather it were faster though.

Any other experiences?

Simon

--
Simon Gibbs <enquiries@simongibbs.co.uk>