From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@pivolis.com>
Subject RE: Log4j / JDeveloper trouble
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:38:45 GMT
Hi Jan,

Your error is in:

org.apache.cactus.client.ParsingException: Not a valid response [500
Internal Server Error]

But we need the logged error to know more about the problem. If you have
logging turned on could you send us the generated log file?

Note: I'm not sure the way you have logging turned on is correct
anymore. That was the old way of doing it. The new way (which is not yet
documented on the web site) is by having logging.properties file as
shown in the sample application (that is included in the cactus
distribution, in samples/servlet for example).

Thanks
-Vincent

[http://localhost:8988/nesys/ServletRedirectorSecure]

> org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Failed to get the test
> results at [http://localhost:8988/nesys/ServletRedirectorSecure]
>          at

org.apache.cactus.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTest_aroundB
od
> y0(DefaultHttpClient.java:131)
>          at

org.apache.cactus.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTest_aroundB
od
> y1$advice(DefaultHttpClient.java:240)
>          at

org.apache.cactus.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTest(Default
Ht
> tpClient.java)
>          at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.WebClientTestCaseDelegate.runWebTest(W
eb
> ClientTestCaseDelegate.java:333)
>          at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.WebClientTestCaseDelegate.runGenericTe
st
> (WebClientTestCaseDelegate.java:281)
>          at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.WebClientTestCaseDelegate.runTest(WebC
li
> entTestCaseDelegate.java:257)
>          at

org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runCactusTest(ServletTestCase.java:300
)
>          at
> org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runBare(ServletTestCase.java:263)
> org.apache.cactus.client.ParsingException: Not a valid response [500
> Internal Server Error]
>          at

org.apache.cactus.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.callGetResult(
De
> faultHttpClient.java:249)
>          at

org.apache.cactus.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTest_aroundB
od
> y0(DefaultHttpClient.java:126)
>          at

org.apache.cactus.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTest_aroundB
od
> y1$advice(DefaultHttpClient.java:240)
>          at

org.apache.cactus.client.connector.http.DefaultHttpClient.doTest_aroundB
od
> y1$advice(DefaultHttpClient.java:240)
>          at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.WebClientTestCaseDelegate.runWebTest(W
eb
> ClientTestCaseDelegate.java:333)
>          at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.WebClientTestCaseDelegate.runGenericTe
st
> (WebClientTestCaseDelegate.java:281)
>          at

org.apache.cactus.internal.client.WebClientTestCaseDelegate.runTest(WebC
li
> entTestCaseDelegate.java:257)
>          at

org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runCactusTest(ServletTestCase.java:300
)
>          at
> org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runBare(ServletTestCase.java:263)
>
> If I turn off security I still get the same problem (but with
> JspRedirector).
>
> This problem is not related to logging, so maybe I should repost the
email
> with a different Subject?
>
> jan ok
>

> At 13:09 13.02.2004 +0900, you wrote:
> >Hi Jan,
> >
> >In article <5.1.0.14.2.20040212150931.03070718@imap.uio.no>,
> >Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:57:03 +0100,
> >Jan Olav Kj|de <j.o.kjode@basalmed.uio.no> wrote:
> >j.o.kjode> Maybe you can help with this as well?
> >
> >I'm afraid to say (maybe) I cannot because I'm not an Oracle9iAS
user.
> >Only I can imagine now is that there are some other
commons-logging.jars